Linda Salamone's Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Weekend at Lookout Mountain Oct 27-30 2006

Friday- Rain all day
Saturday- Totally blown out (but 3 pilots refused to believe it)
Sunday- Ratty and stable (at the same time!)- a couple rigids flew
Monday- Decent day later, too stable before 2pm (which of course is when we had to leave by!)

So Mark and I got zero air time, but we did see a lot of old friends and made a few new ones. After seeing all the pilots who stuck it out and partied hard, I gotta believe that hang gliding is NOT dead and I am glad to be a part of it. I will post some pictures later when I get Mark's car unpacked. He had to do 100% of the driving on the way back since I pulled my back out on Sunday morning when I was optimistically setting up my glider. I found myself flat out on the ground with some of the most excruciating pain of my life. So many hot rubs, heat packs, hot tub soaks, massages and strategically placed pilows later, I finally succumbed to muscle relaxers prescribed by my wonderful doctor, and slept the whole way back. Mark had to do all the packing up, glider breakdown, shoe tying, etc..... what fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
aLE7l6GO