Linda Salamone's Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday, August 23rd Dansville
Tough to decide, based on the forecast today, where to go. Another beautiful day so it would have to be somewhere. I thought Dansville had better potential than Italy Valley and having just been to Italy Valley yesterday... My plan was to launch at 2pm, and I think Mark launched exactly then. Marlin and I were set up, Doug had just arrived, and I waited in the slot forever while Mark was in painfully light climbs out of my line of sight. Nothing was blowing into launch for a good half hour, and I finally took the lightest of all cycles I would dare to take on this flat slope launch. I ran my ass off and maintained just to the west of launch. I didn't want to have any chance of having to land in the apartment LZ so I kept heading west towards the spa. Mark and a few sailplanes were over there and pretty high, I got some decent lift and hung tight with it. I had some breathing room at 300 meters over and saw there were actually a lot of sailplanes around. I got up high and just started to play with them. Thermalling with 3 at a time, and another hang glider- jeez too bad the PG didn't join us!! It was great when I started actually climbing right up through them, (ha! repeatedly!) and I think I may have gotten the altitude of the day with 1130 meters over launch. (3700') Launch is at 1450' msl.. what say the sailplane guys? Later Riz got a bit crotchety with me at the airport... because he was one of the guys upon whose canopy I was looking... There was lift everywhere, it was pretty easy to stay high. The climbs were very nice and smooth. Mark landed at the airport and I took a big swing around the whole ridge and valley and then went to land there as well. Doug was already on his way down there with my car. Again I LANDED WITHOUT WHACKING! ON MY FEET... On my old glider. hmmm...And I got to give the sailplane guys a little crap for good measure. It was sooooo much fun flying with them today!
Great day, great flight.
Airtime: 1:37
Alt2: 1130 meters

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
aLE7l6GO