Linda Salamone's Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My daughter, Dana Nelson, ran her first marathon on Sunday, September 14th. The race went right by the end of my street where I first saw her.
Mile 4, I was just taking her drink order...


Mile 20, looking pretty fresh, but this was getting tough.
The finish!

Pos Bib name Gender M/F/Team Place Class Age City Event StartTm Net Time Gun Time Pace
296 379 Dana Nelson F 63 F19-24 20 Rochester Marathon 00:07.2 4:36:47 4:36:54 10:34
The race was cancelled at some point but she had already passed that point. The heat and humidity were unbelievable (the reason they stopped it). But she finished strong! She did great and I am so proud of her. Running part of it alongside her, I ran 9 miles total- the most I have ever done in my life. I was screaming in pain all night so I can only imagine what she felt like later!!! After 26+ miles!!!!!!!OMG!!!

2 Comments:

  • Great job - both of you.
    I hate running, and I'm always impressed that others can stick with it.
    Marty

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

  • Linda,
    We've never met, but I'm a hanglider pilot in GA. I watched your blog constantaly during the womens contest in Italy. It sounded so exciting!
    Anyway, I am inspired by your daughters running the marathon. I ran/walked 3 half marathons in the last couple of years and I know how difficult it can be. I have complete respect for anyone who can even finish the whole, not to mention do well!!! Tell her congrats for me!!! I hope to meet you one day.
    Lori Pignatelli

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
aLE7l6GO