Linda Salamone's Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Launch on day one
At Tre Pizzi, we didn't fly- we played hackysack and had handstand contests.... and took pictures of flowers.

More flowers, on the way to Perugia... Lisa is such a flower child...


I said, I freaking LOVE the signs in Italy. This one means: WATCH OUT!!!! Blue snake crossing!!!!
Today was a blast- task 3, that is. I was doing really well, going very fast, and then we had to cross the valley and hit a point that we've had every day, then got a short distance to goal. It was pretty blue in the valley and I saw no one after struggling a bit at the south WP, well no one headed across the blue, anyhow. Once I started across, I had a few wispy clouds, and I hung in and got pretty slow. I raced to the point when I saw another glider turning above it, but I didnt find what she was in. So I blasted towards goal and knew I was going to be short into a slight cross wind. But I just kept going for lack of any better ideas, and there were two gliders much higher than me turning in God knows what, and still I went straight on. My numbers said I had it by 200, and I remembered I had my stuff in metric, and so I trusted it- again, for lack of any better options. I squeaked into goal without any turns and actually landed on my feet. I have seen many people roll in their landings here, but I do believe I am the only one who rolled my launch off... So I dont know where things stand but I think I am doing a bit better after today. I hope. We shall see.... I know this post sucks, but I am being majorly distracted....



4 Comments:

  • Keep up the terrific flying, Babe. You'll do great. I know you will - because you always you!

    Love ya, Rae

    By Blogger Rae, at 2:06 PM  

  • P.S.
    Because you alway "do" duh.

    By Blogger Rae, at 2:07 PM  

  • P.P.S.

    "always do." Think I'll go do something that doesn't require finger dexterity or thinking. Have fun.

    By Blogger Rae, at 2:12 PM  

  • Good luck Linda and the rest of team America, I'm rooting for you.

    Ben. (if you are wondering who is this? Lisa and Nicole should know)

    By Blogger wind burns & earth turns, at 1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
aLE7l6GO