Linda Salamone's Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Launch on day one
At Tre Pizzi, we didn't fly- we played hackysack and had handstand contests.... and took pictures of flowers.

More flowers, on the way to Perugia... Lisa is such a flower child...


I said, I freaking LOVE the signs in Italy. This one means: WATCH OUT!!!! Blue snake crossing!!!!
Today was a blast- task 3, that is. I was doing really well, going very fast, and then we had to cross the valley and hit a point that we've had every day, then got a short distance to goal. It was pretty blue in the valley and I saw no one after struggling a bit at the south WP, well no one headed across the blue, anyhow. Once I started across, I had a few wispy clouds, and I hung in and got pretty slow. I raced to the point when I saw another glider turning above it, but I didnt find what she was in. So I blasted towards goal and knew I was going to be short into a slight cross wind. But I just kept going for lack of any better ideas, and there were two gliders much higher than me turning in God knows what, and still I went straight on. My numbers said I had it by 200, and I remembered I had my stuff in metric, and so I trusted it- again, for lack of any better options. I squeaked into goal without any turns and actually landed on my feet. I have seen many people roll in their landings here, but I do believe I am the only one who rolled my launch off... So I dont know where things stand but I think I am doing a bit better after today. I hope. We shall see.... I know this post sucks, but I am being majorly distracted....



4 Comments:

  • Keep up the terrific flying, Babe. You'll do great. I know you will - because you always you!

    Love ya, Rae

    By Blogger Rae, at 2:06 PM  

  • P.S.
    Because you alway "do" duh.

    By Blogger Rae, at 2:07 PM  

  • P.P.S.

    "always do." Think I'll go do something that doesn't require finger dexterity or thinking. Have fun.

    By Blogger Rae, at 2:12 PM  

  • Good luck Linda and the rest of team America, I'm rooting for you.

    Ben. (if you are wondering who is this? Lisa and Nicole should know)

    By Blogger west coast brit, at 1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
aLE7l6GO