Linda Salamone's Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday, October 12, 2008
I'm kicking myself for not having taken many pictures the last two weekends. Yesterday I flew at Italy Valley- which, by the way, is CLOSED for the season(?) and we were fortunate to hear this straight from the landowner AFTER a really awesome flight. Greg from Canada was questioning online whether Italy was open before his trip down; I read his post after I got home last night on the SOUNYPG list. The closure is stated in the RAF website, unfortunately, it's not really where I get my current flying news. The landowner was specific about when the site closed (Sept. 30th) but a little fuzzy on when it would re-open.
That being said- what a nice day! I arrived as Mukrim was sledding out- and gave him a ride up top- NOT that he couldn't have hiked up himself, mind you.... When we got to launch (he carried in for me) Ryan was in the slot. It was coming in so nicely now and I couldn't get my glider together fast enough. Ryan, Mukrim, and Greg launched, and me soon after. The three PGs and I played all over the sky, with hawks, light wind, nice thermals to around 500 meters over, no worries about sinking out... until it got a little cross from the SW and then it got trickier. I was having so much fun with the jellyfish- Ryan is a pretty FAST jellyfish, however- and Doug S joined in the fun- I saw to it that everyone was safely on the ground before I set up for a decent top landing. It was when everyone (but me) went back for another flight that we met up with the landowner. Only Mukrim and Ryan and Greg had gone off, so Doug and I headed down bottom to let them know. Mukrim was still in the air when I left, so it was really pretty soarable all day.
Wish I had pictures!
Airtime: 1:20
Alt2: 538 meters

1 Comments:

  • So, this is how you (and a few pals) got the Italy Valley launch shut down for 8 months out of the year! Instead of the ordinary 3 1/2 months. Shame, shame, shame.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
aLE7l6GO